Saturday, August 21, 2010

My skin has always been dry ill put lotion on and it will be dry again an hour later?

can u suggest a really good lotion? i feel like ive tried everything even baby oil and other thick lubricantsMy skin has always been dry ill put lotion on and it will be dry again an hour later?
acfsMy skin has always been dry ill put lotion on and it will be dry again an hour later?
its probably the dry weather. i suffer fron dry skin real bad in the winter. E45 works 4 me. just dab a little on the dry area morning and night. also try to avoid heat. Dont have your shower/bath too hot and dont keep your radiator on at night. Also try drinking as much water as you can x
You have a severe vitamin deficiency. A good lotion is one called ';gloves in a bottle';. It's hard to find. I you can't find it go on their website and see who in your area has it. I can send you a sample to try if you email me your address. Great stuff. lynarts @flash.net





Also, improve your diet, more fruits and veggies, limited meats, NO fast foods, NO processed foods, NO dairy, lots of water and exercise. A good supplement is Juice Plus+


http://www.juiceplus.com/nsa/pages/Home.鈥?/a>
Eucerin creams are designed for very dry skin and are good. I've heard Lubriderm with Sea Kelp is also good. There are so many lotions, I know it's hard to choose. If there is a beauty supply house near you, check them out. They often carry specialty lotions that pharmacies and grocery stores do not.
drink more water, your body is probably dehydrated.
After you get out of the shower and before you dry off put baby oil on, then pat dry. If you do not want to smell like a baby then put Vaseline on before bed and sleep in long johns. My son has eczema and I used to have dry skin, so I know they both work.
gata, I'm a huge fan of Curel--applied to damp skin. What I do is dry off kind of sloppy, and I don't dry my legs at all.





Then I apply Curel (any formulation) and don't dress for the very few minutes until it's sunk in, which takes about 3 minutes. (Perfect time for a start on hair drying, makeup, whatever.)





It seems to last me about 12 hours, even on my feet, unless I swim or wash dishes.
the brand Vaseline is really good. The first day or two, use lotion about every hour, and then the next day your skin will feel all nice and smooth! Good luck!
Lotion is supposed to hold moisture in your skin. You should put it on after a shower, when your skin is still wet.





Also, you need to drink more water, and hydrate yourself from the inside.
Vaseline Intensive Care is great, worked when I was delivering newspapers (and that dries your hands out majorly).
suggest you add a great deal more water to your intake. lotions can only do so much, if you don't put enough moisture into your body, your skin is going to be dry.
Dry skin types have to be extremely careful to protect their skin.Yogurt-honey combination helps dry skin. Make an egg pack with a yolk, a teaspoon of honey, a tablespoon of milk powder. This is beneficial to dry skin types. There are many helpful tips to cure dry skin at http://useinfo-dryskin.blogspot.com/
I'm going at this from a different angle.





If you are on other RX meds, check with your doctor says it is ok, consider taking Vitamin E. I take two 400 IU daily. I was told by a doctor a few years ago, that it is good for the skin. Vitamin E repairs cells so it makes sense. If you do, give it some time. If the dryness persist, perhaps you need to see a dermatologist.





I also drink at least 6 glasses of water a day.





I like Neutrogena products. Along with Vitamin E, and a good lotion, maybe it will help. Give the Vitamin E some time to help, but do use the lotion as well. as winter is the worst time of year for dry scaly skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment