Saturday, August 21, 2010

I feel so ill ( 8weeks pregnant), will it pass?

I feel ill constantly, I am only 8weeks pregnant. I hate it! I feel sick all day long, feel like I have an hangover. I want to sleep all the time, never have energy to go to work. People say I just have to get on with it. I have just started a new job and it involves stnding up all day. I am anaemic, but trying to include iron in my diet and i take folic acid everyday. I feel like I'm dying! please help!!I feel so ill ( 8weeks pregnant), will it pass?
Yes, it will pass. Hang in there.


Try all the common tips, like eating a few crackers before even getting out of bed in the morning. Eating lightly often throughout the day and not a few big meals.





Another thing that worked for me to help quell the nausea was adding fresh lemon to my water bottle and taking frequent sips. Something about the aroma and the sour taste made me feel better.





Good luck, and congrats!I feel so ill ( 8weeks pregnant), will it pass?
aww it should pass hun!!


with my first i was suffering with this just for the first 3 months but with my second it was like that all the way through. every pregnancy is different, i didnt really find much that helped me either and it true you do just have to get on with it best way you can. I was working aswell and just explained to the managers that i had to take it slower (didnt tell anyone else at first at work) and they were find about it


but once it passes you dont even remember how ya was feeling it just stops all of a sudden.


ive just found out im preggers again and am waiting or the sickness to start, just hoping it not bad like last time.





Good luck hun and congrats!!
it's called morning sickness. I'm sure you'll be fine soon. Just gotta hang in there!
only a few more weeks and you should feel better, sleep when you can as soon as you get home from work if you feel like it ,the first twelve weeks are the worse then you should get a second burst of energy good luck just think of what you will be getting at the end of it,
its tough i know but it will most probably pass...i worked on my feet when i was pregnant andits a killer, just rest as much as you can....your bodys trying to tell you something. i couldnt explain just how tired i was i could barely keep awake





the feeling sick lasted til about 10 weeks and exhaustion wore off around then too. hope you are the same and congrats
Oh petal Im sorry your feeling so bad!





It will pass, there arent many women who suffer this all the way through.





If you feel sick try ginger biscuits...personally i hate them but they did get rid of the sickness.





Take as many nreaks as you can %26amp; get a little sleep. Sounds daft at the work place, but you will feel much better for it.





Good luck, hope it passes soon xxxxxx
Its called morning sickness, better get used to it for the next 6/10 weeks that's how much longer you'll have that little joy for.


I really sympathize with you, i dont know why they call it morning sickness because for me, like you it lasted all day long from the minute i woke up till the second i fell asleep. It will pass and some days will be worse than others. It will be gone before you know it and it is a good sign means your hormone levels are really good. And your beautiful baby in the end will have been worth every second.
Oh poor you, I really feel for you, it will pass though, not long now until you start to feel a little better, get as much rest as you possibly can and don't listen to those who tell you to 'just get on with it' they aren't having to suffer like you are! I truly hope you feel better soon and remember it will all seem worth it when you hold your beautiful baby in your arms for the first time. Good Luck!!
girl i am almost 5 weeks and i am exhausted and it sucks so bad.... i know how you feel i want to sleep all the time
Hi, welcome to the world of pregnancy! The sick feeling should pass by about week 14, at least that is what I found this time around and it is most unusual to be sick all the way through, even though I was with my first [but DON'T expect it to].





I am 22 weeks pregnant now but the tiredness has NOT passed. I am thankful that I do not work, I really do have sympathy for you, as I can rest when I like and as my other children are now teenagers, I can have a lie in too if and when I need to.





Usually the Doctor/midwife can prescribe iron tablets, or you can take liquid iron, I think they say liquid iron is better as you are less likely to get constipated but you are sensible increasing your iron intake by diet.





I'm in UK and you can get a special vitamin/mineral formula for pregnancy, Pregnacare, this has folic acid in it too, it may be worth a try. I take it you are only feeling sick and not actually being sick?





Bear with it all. I now get terrible heartburn but with every pregnancy ';problem'; i've had I keep telling myself that it is only for a time and the joy of the new baby will far outweigh all the pregnancy problems! Otherwise we women would never have more than one baby.





Try and rest as much as you can. All the best x
If its affecting your life terribly I would go and see your GP. I suffered for weeks like this, and lost loads of weight. When I saw my GP she diagnosed hyperemesis gravidaurm (HG) and gave me some medication (totally safe for the baby) that has helped so much. I still don't feel great, and have the normal morning sickness/tiredness but it no longer takes over my life.





Don't listen when people tell you just to get on with it, until someone has suffered from HG they have no clue how ill you feel. If you don't get help now you may become very dehydrated and malnourished and have to be admitted to hospital. As it happens, HG pregnancies have a lower miscarriage rate than normal, and there is no harm done to the baby unless you become severely dehydrated or malnourished. This website should give you some info and see if it matches your symptoms. Hope it eases up soon, you have my complete sympathy as I'm also going through it now
Trust me it will pass hunni! I was exactly the same i am 13 weeks now and only just starting to feel a bit better!


I wasn't able to lift my head some days and the only thing i wanted was to sleep and to be left alone. I was (and still am) finding it hard to eat due to sickness feelings!


Couldn't you let your new boss' know that you are pregnant and need to take regular breaks and sit down? take a week of work if you need to? It says in all the things i got of my midwife that you don't usually start to feel better until the second trimester comes along. But good luck with your pregnancy and i hope everything starts to get better!


Love Danni x
try saltine crackers (just nibble on them) also weak tea helps. how long this goes on depends on the individual person and the individual pregnancy. do you have a doctor yet? if not GET one. he or she can can help you out. also don't eat three regular meals a day tre eating 5 or 6 smallrer meals if possible. that also helps with the morning sickness. eventually it does get better.
it's normal.. I dunno when yours will pass every woman is different.. I had sickness 24'7 for 4 months straight.. it sucked..
For most people, it passes by about the 12th - 14th week. If it's your first baby, nothing will have prepared you for the utter exhaustion of the first three months. You poor thing. Make sure your doctor knows how ill you feel; and if it doesn't pass by the 14th week, or if you are throwing up constantly, you may need some help at this stage.


There is a condition called hyperemesis, where you are unable to keep even water down, and if this happens, you will need to be in hospital for rest and re-hydration.


However, it's rare, so you should expect to be out of the woods in just over a month.
Here's a story which may or may not help you.... I was sick first with the flu at 5 weeks and then I had hyperemesis up until I was 3 adn a half months. I couldnt eat anything or drink something simple as water.... I often thought about terminating the pregnancy as I couldnt think straight but luckily Ididnt (although, I must say that there were women out there who were vomiting more than me and I have no idea how they continued with their pregnancy)....I was off work for 6 weeks possibly more but I felt in hindsight now, that work helped take my mind off it even though at the time I didnt realise it. I tried all things ginger but my only saving grace was Pepsi max. (my poor baby will be born with a caffeine addictiction , im sure!LOL). Not all things work,but its nice thatpeople on here are caring enough to try and help, this board was also my saving grace through it all. I moaned everyday adn still, there were people trying to lift my spirits. I guess in all what I am trying to say is, stay with the board, there is tonnes of help, eat or drink what works for you, and DONT worry about the baby , he/she will get the nutrients it needs, from other parts of your body. IF in doubt, ALWAYS seek medical advoce, if something doesnt feel right make sure the doc takes note as you know your own body and insist upon them taking you seriously rather than putting it down to ';just being pregnant';. I got that at one point from a nurse and I ended up in hospital for 2 days on a drip as I knew I was dehydrated. I would also say that you *probably will find that from 12 to 14 weeks on, you will will see a light at the end of the tunnel and symptoms will start to eleviate.Good luck and feel free to email! YOu will be fine and keep in your mind that there is a wonderful gift waiting for you at the end.(Mind you, had anyone else said that to me yet again, i would have punched them!LOL and I am not a violent person)
Dont worry u will get over it, i used to feel the same way, i used to sleep day and night . Now i feel much better, i am 18 weeks pregnant. So dont worry. Its just a part of bringing a beautiful life in to this world.
I know everyone says the same thing but it does get better, even like at the moment it feels like it wont.


At twelve weeks the baby will start using the placenta and when that happens u start to feel so much better.
I used travel bands to help with the nausea. They go round you wrist and you can get them from most chemists. They worl on acupressure points and did help me. Also have you tried ginger in any kind of form as this too can help. As for it passing it depends on the each case sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Overall in a few months it will be worth it.
it should start to ease up soon. after the first trimester is over, things will start to get easier as your body has done alot of the work in the first three months. if you are still feeling ill after 3months, be sure to consult wh you doctor. CONGRATS!
well im 14 so im limited about this info xD, but my mum was in same siuation as u cuz she was pregnant not long ago, eat loads of fruit and drink energetic drinks, get someone to help out at home[i.e ur partner or a freind or something, or if you have an older daughter/son] while you rest otherwise in day time youll be as stressful as ever,, drink plenty of water n nt just folic acid folic vitamins swell, dw after your birth you should start to be a bit more relieving, take some painkillers if it helps, remem plenty of rest gd luck =]! and my teaxcher takes lemon in water cuz shes preggy swell so tr tht it makes u fl better
Hi Tessie, hang on in there because these feelings will pass. I too felt like you do but believe me it did get better. Apparently the more sick you feel the higher the pregnany hormone levels are at, so only good for a healthy baby. I was like you felt sick, tired, tearful and fed up all the time, I just felt ill. Then it got better... Try to rest as much as possible. Eat little and often and keep sugary snacks or a banana with you to top up sugar levels when needed. Hunger made me feel ill all the time. I'm now 20 weeks and have being feeling brilliant the past few weeks now that the ill feeling has passed. Congratulations! Take care and I hope you feel better soon. xxx
it will get better honey. but you kind of just have to deal with it right now, sorry. i promise it'll get better though. just try to get as much rest as possible and sit down whenever you can while you are at work.
hi I'm 35 weeks pregnant and i had the same thing you should take it easy for now and it will pass you wont feel like a zombie forever and if you are low on iron you should be having iron tablets see your doctor or midwife if you feel so bad and see if they can give you a sick note till you feel more human again if your employer knows your pregnant they should let you have regular rest anyway as you shouldn't be on your feet all day good luck xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment