Saturday, July 31, 2010

Worried my lil girl will become ill?

Hi i have a baby girl shes 11 days old now but her dad has had tonsilitas chest infection and an ear infection so me and my lil girl have been stopping at my mums but now i have started feeling dizzy tired sick and my body aches is this just lack of sleep? im so worried that my lil girl is going to get it is there anything i can do to help her not get the bug. I have to look after her as my family work. thanks in advanceWorried my lil girl will become ill?
You need to get yourself to the doctors and get on an antibiotic right away. When I came down with the flu and my baby was about 2 or 3 weeks old his doctor actually put him on an antibiotic even though he wasn't sick but he didn't get sick so it was a good move. You could suggest that to your baby's doctor I don't know if that's something all doctors do but I thought it was a really good move since I had such a awful cold.Worried my lil girl will become ill?
I was told by a nurse at hospital when my baby caught a virus from me, that even though I was breastfeeding, she had caught the bug as immunities that you pass during breastfeeding only support her with infections you have already have had. As you are fighting this infection she will not be immune to it. I was also told that there is nothing you can do to stop her having it, she will more than likely get it, sorry to be so negative.
Vertigo, fatigue and body aches are not a common side affect of tonsillitis. If I were you, I'd call your doctor and let him know how you are feeling. The vertigo (dizziness) is the main cause for concern after just having a baby. Of course you'll be tired and sore after having a baby, but you shouldn't be having dizzy spells.





As for your baby girl, just keep her away from Daddy for right now. If you are in the same room, he should consider wearing a face mask. He shouldn't be kissing or cuddling his daughter until he is over his illness (or at least past the contagious part of it). Remember to wash your hands often. Especially when you are going to handle the baby or any thing related to the baby.
There's not much you can do. If you're breastfeeding, you'll pass antibodies on to her. She may still get sick, but it wouldn't be as bad.





Either way, keep an eye on her and don't hesitate to call her doc at the first sign of illness.





My LO went to the doc once a week from 6 weeks to 11 because he kept getting colds.
Your baby is fine, they are tougher than you think. Are you keeping hydrated. You can run yourself down and that's not good. Drink lots of water and orange juice and try to take it easier. Hard to do, but relax and everything will be just fine, you'll see.
A baby has natural immunity, don't get directly in her face and breath away from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment