Saturday, July 31, 2010

If you're on medication and you start drinking alcohol...will that make you seriously ill? Help...?

My boyfriend is on Prozac...


His friends told me they're going out drinking with him this Saturday (but they don't know he's on the medication)...


My boyfriend didn't tell me about drinking this weekend and I'm concerned...


I'm planning on confronting him about it but before I do, I would just like to know if the Prozac + the alcohol could cause him some serious trouble...





Thanks.If you're on medication and you start drinking alcohol...will that make you seriously ill? Help...?
mixing alcohol with medication is always gonna be a problem, so matter how much you dilute it with water, or the kind of medication used. what matters is the damage its doing on your liver. The liver is your natural filter for the blood, but if you overwork it with alcohol AND medication, it's gonna lead to things like cirrohsis. You dont wanna be on the liver transplant list...If you're on medication and you start drinking alcohol...will that make you seriously ill? Help...?
He should not drink alcohol when he is on any type of medication. I have been on those types of meds and I was told specifically not to drink any alcohol and to watch taking cold medicine because they even have alchol in them. I would be concerned also if I was you. I had colon bleeding when I mixed alcohol and my pills and believe me it was painful enough to make me think I was dying. I ended up in the hospital for a week and it took them 2 days to get the bleeding under control. He could end up with gastrointestinal problems if he is no careful. Good luck:) He is lucky to have a girlfriend who cares.
ok if you was on serious medication then yes it would matter as the affecvts of the alcohol would interfere with the medication working , it wont make you sick , or actually take that back you may feel sickly but the medication wont work properly , as your boyfriend is on prozac which i take it he suffers from panic attacks ? , then i suggest he doesnt drink ,


best of luck
Just tell him to not drink. After he's off the medication, he can drink but so far he needs to lay the stuff off. I'm 18, I never drank, and I'm perfectly fine with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment